Verve Management is excited to announce that Kenya Medical Association will be joining the 2nd Edition Africa Healthcare Extension Summit as an Official Association Partner.
About Kenya Medical Association
The Kenya Medical Association (KMA) was founded in 1968 and incorporated in 1973 under the Company’s Act Cap 486 as a company limited by guarantee. Its mandate was originally concentrated on the welfare of doctors as well as safeguarding of professionalism and quality of healthcare. Over the years though, the Association has grown in stature and scope into a high profile player and partner in many sectors of national development, at policy level as well as in operation of services directly and indirectly related to health.
The Kenya Medical Association is a national association of doctors and dentists and is mandated by its members to promote the quality practice of medicine in Kenya. KMA holds a strategic position in health sector policy by being in membership of national decision-making boards for the practice of medicine and the protection of patients in Kenya. KMA is using its national professional reach as the only sector player where professionals can bring their input for personnel matters.
The objectives of KMA are:
- To promote the practice of medicine in Kenya
- To uphold high standards of medical ethics and conduct
- To advise the Government, other medical bodies and the general public on matters related to health
- To promote the welfare of doctors
- To maintain the honour and interests of the medical profession
- To support Continuing Professional Development (CPD) through periodic publications, seminars and scientific conferences
- To liaise with other medical associations around the world
2nd Edition Africa Healthcare Extension Summit is taking place on 26 – 27 June 2019 at the Panari Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya. Interested in becoming an Association Partner? Find out more details here.